Business coaching and life coaching
Coaching in two words: stimulation, encouragement!
My catch phrase is : “There is no happiness without freedom, nor freedom without courage.”
I cultivate these values in a spirit of lifelong learning and sharing and endeavour to consider coaching as a backing partnership.
I guide my client from point A to point B and the added value is to allow my “champion” to reach their objective rapidly and effectively.
MY ROLE AS A COACH IS TO:
- Clarify objectives
- Allow multiple answers to emerge, enlarge horizons, and encourage creativity
- Ask pertinent questions that give the opportunity to think
- Listen without judgment nor advice
- Put my coachee into action and make them step out of their comfort zone
- Complete the coachee’s knowledge
- See and help to see what is lacking to allow the coachee to reach their objective by themselves
- Use my intuition to hear more than what is said
- Give direct and appropriate feedback
EXAMPLES OF CLIENTS OBJECTIVES :
- Create my own methodology (managers, employees, entrepreneurs)
- Adapt to new challenges (managers, entrepreneurs, technical managers)
- Transform myself: be more self-confident, be more organized, be more assertive.
- Improve my team management
- Settle a difficult situation with my colleagues or partners
- Return to being motivated
- Dare to make a life change
- Add clarity to what I am doing
- Elaborate a winning strategy
- Get to know myself better
- Accept a painful situation
- Be more effective
- Become a real coach
The coaching model is based on one hour meetings, followed by the coachee doing agreed actions. I use active listening, mirroring techniques, visualization, direct feedback, and action plans.
Every meeting has its own objective which can be sent to in advance.
Interesting to know: What coaching is not.
As the word “coaching” is somewhat overused today, it’s good to define it’s true meaning.
A LOT OF PEOPLE CAN BECOME PROFESSIONAL COACHES, BUT THIS INVOLVES A LOT OF SELF-DISCIPLINE, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE. COACHING IS NOT:
- Pure training: in that case the client only wants to “learn something”. Coaching allows the client to “change something” in his vision, behavior, situation and to put into practice what they learn.
- Counseling or mentoring: a counselor has their own way of seeing things, and a mentor their own experience. Their clients want to “copy” them or “listen to their advice”. Coaching allows the client to create their own vision and to make it reality within a supportive partnership. The coach is a backing partner who doesn’t audit and solve problems themselves
- Therapy: the client mustn’t be in distress when they go into the coaching process. On the contrary they need a high energy level! It is also the role of the coach to enable that. The goal of the client is not to step back into normality, but to reach a different state to which they are currently in.
- Gurouism: the coach wants the client to be more and more autonomous and certainly not his belief follower! The client must be ready to create his own path.